System Just Steadily Beeps — No P.O.S.T.
1. Turn off all power and remove power cord from system.
2. Remove case cover.
3. Remove and reinstall video card into it’s proper slot (PCI/AGP).
4. Ensure monitor cable is connected securely and properly to back of video card.
5. Check that memory module/modules is/are securely and properly seated.
6. Make sure all cards and cables are seated correctly.
7. Make sure that the heatsink is properly installed according to this diagram
8. Make sure that the chassis intrusion is disabled in the BIOS.
9. Make sure that your power supply is rated for at least 300 watts, and is of recent manufacture.
B.) No P.O.S.T., Video, Beeps, etc.
1. Check power cord (system and wall / power center) for proper connection.
2. Ensure your power strip or U.P.S. is turned on.
3. Turn off all power and remove power cord from system.
4. Remove case cover.
5. Ensure all cables and internal connections are proper and securely connected.
6. Ensure, if so equipped, that switch on rear of power supply is turned on.
7. Ensure switch on power supply is set to 115v instead of 220v
8. Check power supply, and make sure fan is spinning.
9. Check for proper seating of Memory and Video Card.
10. Make sure that the motherboard is not shorting on the case bottom.
11. Please make sure that the CMOS clear jumper is in the “normal” position